Friday, October 24, 2014

Liebster Award


Ahhh! Thank you Kristen from Kinderdoodlez for nominating me for the Liebster award! I'm honored and touched that you would think of me. I have been enjoying following your blog and LOVE the ideas you have been sharing :) !!

The Liebster award is for up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. It is a way everyone in the blog world to meet, get to know each other, and BE FRIENDS. (Yay! New friends!) I am extremely excited to accept this award as well as pay it forward and help other new bloggers share their creativity and teaching passion with us.

Here are the answers to the Liebster award questions:

WHY AND HOW LONG AGO DID YOU START BLOGGING?

I started blogging because I LOVE my job. No, but really. I love it. I like talking about teaching, reading about teaching, AND teaching itself. I recently ordered two books (about teaching) and revealed them at lunch (work lunch) with as much excitement as the news of winning the lottery. Blogging was another way for me to meet fellow teachers who are equally as nuts about their job. Also, I wanted to learn from others and share my ideas with the world too!


WHAT ONE WORD SUMS UP THE HEART OF YOUR BLOG AND WHY?
 Passion. I am passionate about teaching. I want my students to leave my classroom empowered to conquer the world and accomplish their hopes and dreams. My goal is to provide the skills and knowledge for them to do this one hard working day at a time.

IS THERE SOMETHING YOU LEARNED LATE IN YOUR BLOG JOURNEY THAT YOU WISH YOU HAD KNOWN EARLIER?

Umm. I still have so much to learn. I still have not figured out how to fix my blog button (sorry blog button grabbers who want to, but can't grab my blog button). I think the best thing I learned was that all you need to do is "google it" or "youtube" it if you wanted to learn how to do something. I'm super excited I was able to design my own blog.


WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PAST TIME BESIDES BLOGGING?

Well, I really enjoy running (completed half number 4 just a few weeks ago), but I rebel on outdoor activities when the snow flies. I move towards more cozy hobbies like reading and crocheting. I also LOVE spending times with my main squeeze, family, and friends. Oh and I like to amazon prime things.... like children's books (4 today... I might have a problem/addiction).

**All four books will be used for interactive nonfiction read alouds AND I can't wait because my kiddos are going to LOVE it! I'll post more when they arrive and the units are complete!

HOW MANY HOURS PER WEEK DO YOU DEDICATE TO YOUR BLOG?

Not enough. I have not mastered the blog writing/life/work/tv binging/eating/baking schedule yet. Linky parties have helped me, but I haven't managed to get on a schedule for my own thoughts and posts. I was hoping to do a weekly "scoop".... perhaps that will be one of my cozy, anti snow/cold weather projects!

Truth time? I haven't posted in a few weeks. EEK!

 
WHAT CATEGORY OF BLOG POSTS DO YOU ENJOY MOST?

I love teaching blogs first and foremost. Second I love baking/cooking blogs, but who doesn't? I think the question is related to teaching blogs so when it comes to category, I LOVE content posts! I like to see how other teachers are meeting the common core standards in awesome, unique, creative, I-could-never-think-of-that-on-my-own ways.

WHERE DOES YOUR BLOGGING INSPIRATION COME FROM?

My students. They inspire me every day with their wonderings, thoughtful perspectives, and grit.
 


WHICH OF YOUR POSTS ARE YOU MOST PROUD OF?

I think I'm most proud of my math station post. I love teaching math, but even more I love making learning fun.


IS THERE ANY POST THAT YOU ARE PLANNING TO DO, BUT HAVE BEEN PUTTING OFF FOR A WHILE NOW?

I want to do some posts on my experience with Teach for America and life in the Mississippi Delta. I have so much love for my students who I taught and the colleagues I worked with as well as funny stories I'd love to share! #wintertodolist


WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ASPECT OF BLOGGING?

Connecting with other bloggers has been wonderful. I love seeing what other teachers all over the world are doing and how they are inspiring and changing children's lives!

Here are my nominations! You won't regret visiting their page!

Reddish Ann at The Reddish Brown Crayon

Kelsey at Aloha to Second

Marlie at Curriculum to the Core

Mollie and Amy at Two Nutty Teachers

Joya at Live Love Serve Teach

To those who have been nominated, here are the "official" rules for accepting:

1. In your post, link back to the blogger who nominated you as a thank you and "shout out." (Follow their blog if you haven't already!)  

2. Answer the 10 questions given to you (the ones I answered above).

3. Nominate 5-10 blogs of your choice that each have less than 200 followers. Provide them with 10 questions to answer or have them answer the questions above.

4. Let your nominees know that they've been nominated and provide them with a link to your post so that they can accept.

5. Send your nominator a link to your post so that s/he can learn more about you as well! (You can just put your post link in the comments below!)


 photo Signature_zps041e8ce3.png

No comments:

Post a Comment