Friday, October 24, 2014

Five for Friday {Oct. 24, 2014}

It has been 1 month. Yep, 1 month since I've written a post (minus the one I posted like two minutes ago...). Anyway, I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday!

fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]
 
1. I went to the Teacher's College at Columbia University for The Reading and Writing Project Saturday Reunion. I MET LUCY CALKINS! *sigh* *gasp*

Truth... that was last weekend, but I'm still psyched about it.
 


2.  Met Lucy. Check the picture... you might need to squint.



3. Got Magnolia Bakery Cupcakes. First off it made me think of the Magnolia tree from my backyard in Mississippi. Secondly, THEY. WERE. DELICIOUS. I'm currently pinteresting the whipped frosting recipe to try. See #5



3. We saw WICKED on Broadway! Are you jealous? I might be if I were you.. unless you've seen it too, then we can form a club. :) I loved spending some quality time with one of my favorite teacher friends!



3. My friends came over for book club. We are terrible about reading the books, but we do a great job of eating and visiting. #winning

*Didn't photograph that event. You'll have to "visualize" us sitting in my cozy living room eating pretzels and candy, not talking about the Alchemist.

4. How could I forget.... I GOT A NEW, boysenberry beautiful MIXER!!! My baking dream has come true. New life goal: Use my mixer once a week for something good to eat!



That's my 5 for Friday. Next week I'll share all the new things I learned from the Reading and Writing conference at Teachers College! It was life changing. :)

Happy weekend!
 photo Signature_zps041e8ce3.png

3 comments:

  1. Katie - how lucky are you!?! Looks like you had a great weekend and fun week! So glad I popped in!
    Vicky
    Teaching and Much Moore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie,
    Thanks for the Liebster nomination. I was nominated by someone else as well! Thanks for finding me. I'm sooooo jealous that you met Lucy Caulkins. WOW! Love her! Taught her writing workshop for 12 years. Used her books in my college courses. Can't wait to see what you learned. I LOVE Wicked. My husband and I saw it several years ago on one of our anniversaries when we lived in Seattle. Those cupcakes look amazing! Reminds me of our little cupcake shop back in Snohomish Washington. No cupcake bakeries here in the Bahamas yet. Probably a good thing. :)
    Enjoy your weekend!
    Joya
    ~liveloveserveteach

    ReplyDelete