Saturday, September 13, 2014

Weekly Five for Friday

fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]

I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching to share five things from this week... on Saturday... oops, I missed Friday again. Maybe next week I'll have time to post on Friday. We shall see. Anyway, here is my five! Enjoy!


I got flowers for a very sweet student! He brought them in Monday and said, "I missed you!" Oh how I love my job.


We started learning how to Read to Someone this week! The kiddos are in love. We also practiced checking for understanding and building stamina. This is one of my favorite activities to watch students complete.


We completed our first social studies unit with a Flat Stanley project to bring it all together. I can't wait for my kiddos to get their Flat Stanley projects back in the mail! Click HERE for the resource I used.


We continued our first six weeks character education. Click HERE for the resource which plans out all six weeks. I used my Something Beautiful character education mini unit this week to discuss self esteem. They LOVED it! Click HERE to grab it.

 
 

We worked hard on writing this week and are beginning to practice small moments stories. I was so proud of my students Friday when they shared their hard work during Author's Chair. I have some great writers this year.
 
Hope you have a wonderful week as well! Click the button up top to link up too!

 photo Signature_zps041e8ce3.png
P.S. I love Krista Wallden (the background & stars) and her wonderful graphics. Click HERE to get your own.

4 comments:

  1. Omg the little one who brought you those flowers is the cutest!

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had another child bring the whole class cookies just because! I have a sweet bunch this year. :)
      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Love your writing anchor charts. I feel this is one area where I need to step it up with my kiddos. I too am a Kristia Wallden addict. I own more of her clipart than I need, but just keep getting more...lol. One can never have too much right!

    ~Laura
    Luv My Kinders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain! I just keep adding the new clipart to my cart! -- and you're right, there is no such thing as too much clipart!

      Delete