Friday, September 26, 2014

FIve for Friday {September 26, 2014}

Five for Friday... on FRIDAY!

I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for a fun weekly linky party. Click below to join yourself!

fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]

1.  We learned about animals this week. I'm currently LOVE give kids labels to make their own graphic organizers on fun construction paper. Way more fun than printed organizers.



2. We started our interactive word work notebooks this week. I'm SO excited. I am working on each week as a go. When I'm all done I'll post it for you guys!!


3. We discussed the importance of being problem solvers NOT problem keepers. In five weeks, they have really started testing their problem solving skills and getting creative. I have SUCH a good bunch this year.


4. I solved a three year dilemma ... storing/display/maintaining posters. I laminated important posters (the doubles rap, blends chart, writing process, etc.) and hole punched them. They can be on rings on my white board OR the back of my closet door! I'm SO pumped about this system. I hate rolling posters. Hopefully I keep loving it.


5. We started math stations this week! They rotated through the Weekly 4 and LOVED it. They also thought it was the coolest thing that their names were on the task cards.... hehe only a few figured out that I made them myself! Click HERE to grab a copy for yourself. Click HERE to read about the Weekly 4.


I hope everyone has wonderful weekends planned to enjoy this nice weather (at least it is nice in PA)! I plan to complete a 9 mile run to prepare for an upcoming half marathon, eat some recently made cake balls (the 9 miles off sets that I will be eating multiple), and grade a huge stack of papers while watching chick flicks.

TGIF!
 photo Signature_zps041e8ce3.png

4 comments:

  1. I just went to a Debbie Diller math conference this week and I am super excited to start my math stations next week! Have a great weekend!
    Life As I Know It

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your problem solver chart! I think my first graders could use this... Thanks for sharing. I hope you have great weekend!
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have nominated you for a Liebster Award! You can check out my blog to see
    how to accept!

    http://kinderdoodlez.blogspot.com/2014/10/liebster-award.html

    Kristen
    Kinderdoodlez

    ReplyDelete