Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Book Talk Tuesday - The Great Fuzz Frenzy

Hello! It is book talk Tuesday! I missed last Tuesday because I was traveling to see friends. Here are some of the highlights!

First stop - MISSISSIPPI! I flew into Memphis and Abigail picked me up. We HAD to get some ribs on Beale Street before we headed to Lexington, MS.


The next day, I was able to meet up with one of my previous students. She is such a sweet girl and so is her family.



Abigail and I hit up Cups for coffee in Jackson the next day while shopping and checking out some consignment stores. We also stopped at Mellow Mushroom for some delicious pizza!


After my wonderful visit in the 'sip, I headed to Chicago to see Ali and Cheryl! We went to the aquarium and saw the bean.



(Cheryl and I also went shopping.... good thing I didn't have to check my bag for the drive home....)

My mom and uncle met me and we drove to see family that live near Chicago. At the end of the 10 days, I was ready to come home! It was wonderful to see my friends and family. I already miss everyone!

Now, back to the real world! I was able to go see my classroom. Pictures to come! I hauled in a few more boxes and found the book I wanted to talk about this week.

This week I thought I'd share one of my FAVORITE read-aloud books. The kids absolutely love listening to this story and I have a lot of fun reading it. It is a great book to use when building classroom culture, teamwork, and empathy.

http://www.amazon.com/Great-Fuzz-Frenzy-Janet-Stevens/dp/0152046267/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404250688&sr=8-1&keywords=the+great+fuzz+frenzy


In the story, a dog drops his tennis ball down a prairie dog hole. The prairie dogs are not sure what to do, until someone pokes it. Then, they all poke and pull to get the fuzz off. It starts a fight. In the end, they have to work together to rescue one of their own. It has neat pull open pages and silly illustrations. It is always a class favorite. Click the picture to grab it on amazon. ENJOY!

Link up with Deanna Jump by clicking the picture below.

http://mrsjumpsclass.blogspot.com/

Check out my Tutoring Toolkit for a comprehension story cube!
 photo Signature_zps041e8ce3.png

P.S. Did you know that if you leave feedback on purchased TpT products you earn TpT credits which you can redeem on your next purchase? I used all my feedback-leaving credits to buy some awesome products for my 2nd grade classroom. Happy feedback leaving!

No comments:

Post a Comment