Sunday, June 1, 2014

My First Link Up - Ten things I want to do this summer!

http://mrsjumpsclass.blogspot.com/2014/05/top-ten-things-i-want-to-do-this-summer.html


Every time I think about summer, the song "In Summer" comes into my head from Frozen. My students are obsessed with the movie....... and I might love it just as much. Anyway, here are the ten things I want to do this summer! Hope you link up too!

1. Get a head start on planning for my first year teaching second grade (4th year of teaching). I want to pace out my instruction, design unit plans, and read some research on developmentally appropriate practice. I already have some books in my Amazon cart to purchase! {I used the first grade versions and LOVE them!}

 

2.  Visit my Teach for America friends that are spread all over the country!! First stop Mississippi to see Abigail, then New Orleans to see Brandon, and finally Chicago to see Cheryl and Ali! I cannot wait. Two weeks of fun, friends, sunshine, good food, and great times!


I want my long hair back! Time to grow it out again...

3.  Travel with my mom to Washington D.C. (she has a business trip and I'm her travel buddy). My cousin - who is also a teacher - lives there so Erika, her adorable son Wyatt, and I will be exploring the city!

4. Watch the next episodes of Orange is the New Black. I've been waiting MONTHS to find out what is going to happen to the main character Piper!


 
5. MOVE! I'm upgrading living arrangements! In July, I'll be moving into a house that has a garage AND a dishwasher! It is definitely the little things in life. I am NOT looking forward to packing up my worldly goods for the ump-teeth time, but it will be worth it in the long run.

6. Train my adorable pets (remember the cute cows) to lead for our county fair. My brother, sister-in-law, and I usually take 5 or 6 to the local show. We have a blast and the cows are pampered for the week. Here is a picture of my two adorable loves (L: Strawberry, R: Sadie) relaxing at the fair last year and of my niece who is also an animal lover!



7. Bake at least three new cookie recipes and I want to learn to decorate a cake with fancy designs. I LOVE to bake. I also LOVE to eat. >>>> Check out my other blog to see my recipes and read about my life outside of teaching: sweetsandsecondgrade.BlogSpot.com.

8. Design, organize, and set up my second grade classroom (I'm also moving buildings - so many boxes of books). This will take up August. I'll add a tour tab to my page when it is complete!

9. Add more products to my TPT store! It is looking pretty sad, but I want to upload quality items that will be useful to myself and other teachers. My goal will be five 1-2 week unit plans and a lots of "Friday Feebies" >>>coming soon.

10. Work at Sonlight Child Learning Center with wonderful, Godly women and remember how great He is and how He touches my life every day. Plus, I cannot WAIT to work in the infant room with adorable, squish-able, cute-as-a-button babies all day! >>>they don't require me to tie their shoe. ;)

Your turn! Link up!

 photo Signature_zps041e8ce3.png
P.S. Here is a little video to make you smile:

No comments:

Post a Comment